June 12, 2009

The People You'll Meet

When a musician gets ready to hit the road on a tour, a lot of exciting thoughts pass through their head. They get to play their music to fans, make new fans by playing to strangers, and help, first-hand, spread their music around the world. It is an exciting part of the job.

There are other reasons to get excited for a tour though. The places you'll go and the people you'll meet are of particular interest to me. Especially when it is late at night in a peculiar town and the person you meet is totally wasted. I was lucky enough to capture two of the dozens of drunk people on a spot of video, and finally, get them online. These two meetings took place during a February/March tour in which we traveled all around Europe.




4 comments:

Sixties Relic said...

Those two made more sense than me, and I was sober...

lisa said...

I love when you reply "Yeah" all together!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Were they single? Did you get their numbers?

Gabriel said...

I can totally sympathize with the sailor. Sometimes I have a really powerful statement too but I just don't know how to form it into words.